Wednesday, June 25

Piss poor turn out at nets last night - big Nick put net up on his own and was 1st team's only representative on selection (is he not only on selection as 2nd team Sunday Captain?). I know its not like me to speak my mind, and its nowt to do with me, but.... We're playing the top of the league team on Saturday with 2 seamers and a spinner - this does not give much scope for the captain to try different bowling combinations and/or attack - we are on the back foot and its only Wednesday. An experienced bowler/batter was available for either day and is playing on Sunday - is this reflective of the selection attendance? I am only playing devil's advocate and realise that the wider issue is overall lack of player availability. It seems as though we are perpetuating the stop/start lose/win nature of this season and momentum can only be maintained by consistency. I want to talk about this openly with all relevant people.