Friday, October 29

Good game again last night despite my poor performance for the Whites (or good performance for the Rag Tags!!)

I feel there are a couple of issues that need input / clarification...

Firstly, it would appear that certain individuals feel that I favour the Whites when putting the teams together?? Initially at week 1 I constructed the sides broadly in line with how they finished last year (and the Rag Tags won). Since then I have simply filled the vacant position (for whichever team) with any available person whilst trying to prefer TSJ people. I have not made wholesale changes to the sides as it is difficult enough to get 10 people each week without having to phone people to ask them to bring a different coloured top!!.

The second point (and I do not dispute this) is that the Whites in the main have been the stronger side - the scoreline of matches won demonstrates this. I see there being a few alternatives...

  • We choose the teams on the night and buy some bibs to distinguish the sides
  • Someone else takes over the organisation and constructs what they consider to be fair sides on a week by week basis - I don't have time to do this.
  • We continue as we are

Please give me some feedback as I do not want the Rag Tags to lose interest by getting beat most weeks and I am not prepared to have certain insinuations directed at me.