Monday, May 9

Inconsistency

There were two major reasons we couldn't defend 200 yesterday:

1. We bowled far too much rubbish; almost every other over there were 5 good balls and then one long hop/full toss which went in the lodge/over the trees etc. The figures speak for themselves, Scunners, Nel and Matt all went for 47 off their 8, Russ 35 off 7 and me 22 off 8 (though I was lucky with a couple of slips which fortunately weren't capitalised on).

2. Fothergills are a very useful batting side and the addition of new players has transformed them into a team which we all felt would be good enough for a top 6 finish. Obviously it's early days but I'd predict the top 6 teams to be Catholics, Robbies, Dalians, Ourselves, Fothergills and ELPM - Robbies are looking really strong!

Match yesterday was played in a great spirit and I'm looking forward to going up against them again.

Really wish I could have played Saturday; thankfully Helen's well on the mend now.