Monday, August 22

Saturday ...

First of all, thanks to those players who were able to turn up and fill in for us on Saturday, and sorry you had to be part of that fiasco! That was probably the worst fielding display I've ever seen, but I would like to single out Steve Smith who was terrific, never let his head go down and always keep up the enthusiasm levels even when we were getting mullered.

Well done to Glodwick, and particularly Mark and Stocky who batted very well after some early let offs - they do say catches win matches don't they!? A score of 276 suggests we bowled badly - actually I thought the bowling was fine, but on that wicket once you got in and were set, it was a peach of a track. With better fielding we ought to have kept it to about 200, which might have been gettable with a better start.

Took some spin though eh!!! ;-) (well done Clive for suggesting I try a bit of the twirlybird stuff - might try more in future!)

The batting was pretty shoddy, though I'd like to say well done to Seebert for two fantastic catches to get rid of me and Bird, and also Mike Ainscoe who I thought batted well on his return to the firsts. 48-1 to 90 all out - another typical collapse!

Hopefully we can just chalk Saturday up to end of season/nothing to play for apathy with a makeshift side and put up a stronger showing against Robbies when a few of the old guard return!!

Oh yes, and sorry I lost the toss ;-) hehe.