Wednesday, April 23

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICHARD from all your friends at TSJ. And from us lot as well. Big night on Saturday, as Osama alluded. It's a night out for everyone, Sheik. Or should I say, former Sheik. After last night's appearance I think we can safely rename you George Dawes. With attitude. Hopefully you won't have the Elton Vale lot calling you a baby at the weekend!

Another top net sesh last night, folks, and particularly pleasing to see Captain Flash back. Things are indeed looking up. If only we could find a permanent fix for Mozzer's back, Mitchy's misery and Scoffer's, erm, asthma, we'd be completely sorted!

I just found the following particularly amusing story on ananova.com.
A French footballer has caused outrage in Turkey by putting his hand down his shorts to celebrate a goal.

Besiktas striker Pascal Nouma also took off his shirt when he scored against rivals Fenerbahce. Angry fans accused him of violating conservative values in the predominantly Muslim country.

Senol Guler, a 40-year-old Besiktas fan, said: "I am ashamed of such action by someone from my team. Women and children were watching it too."

Nouma has apologised, saying he celebrated because he was overjoyed his four-week scoreless streak was finally over. He said: "It was not against anyone. It was just a private sign of joy. I shouldn't have done it. If it hurt Turkey, then I am sorry."


In my captain's responsibility role, can I just comment on two things. One, displays of such gratuitousness will be tolerated by TSJ, and secondly, what was a turkey doing down his pants?!