Friday, May 16

Went to a fantastic concert at the MEN Arena on Wednesday. We must have been the only adults of consenting age not accompanied by at least 5 screaming toddlers. It was the Pepsi Silver Clef concert in aid of the Nordoff Robbins music therapy centre appeal, and we were treated by the following acts ... (good job I'm not playing tomorrow or it'd be 20p fine for each!) - in order of appearance, Busted (jumped up and down a lot - them, not me), Javina (Pop Idol apparently, not in my book), Mis-teeq (scandalous), Big Brovaz (gimmicky), Girls Aloud (oh yes indeed, oh my good golly gosh, oh yes), Liberty X (fantastic), Emma Bunton (tart), Atomic Kitten (apparently not tarts, but too Scouse for my liking), Craig David (magic voice, hate his songs), Emma Bunton (still a tart) and ... BLUE, who brought the house down (unfortunately not on them).

Ye gods. Non-stop whistling and screams; it was just like watching Kieran bat, though it lasted 3 hours! Plus the highlight of the night, when Vernon Kay was setting up links for T4 and said "and now ... Metallica". Cue raucous screaming from my left, quickly followed by "Who are Metallica". 50p fine for my other half, methinks. Note it down, Dickie P.